Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eddie Murphy doesn't read newspaper in 20 years "content to play my guitar all day"

It has been reported recently that Eddie Murphy stated he hadn't read a newspaper in 20 years. Finally someone came out and said it.
http://splitsider.com/2011/10/so-long-wholesome-family-movies-starring-eddie-murphy

Maybe he's getting his news from  multiple independent "unbiased" internet news sources ..(there's no such thing btw)....doubt it...Most people are acting like they are appalled by this admission...which, I think is very funny . I mean, does anyone read newspapers anymore?...aside from the obits...?

I think it's becoming a given that to get the truth or some version of it...a person needs to actively seek out news from multiple sources (which is more than possible these days on the web-a-net) in order to garner even the tiniest  amount of truth or accuracy.

That being said, there is a whole other group of people that just get their news from the Jon Stewart Show..I mean, the Daily Show...which is obviously unfortunate.  I don't think Eddie's watching much of that....at least I don't think so.

In the same news-bite that held that fact, Eddie also said he tells people he is a "semi-retired man of leisure" lol very cool...I would just like to hear him say that..lol...and that he only wants to do projects that he "really wants to do" and that he's not making anymore family movies......Thank you Mr. Murphy for sparing us the Klumps 8...and no more talking animals...Good for him...and us..

He also states that he is perfectly content playing guitar all day...being a guitarist myself and a huge Eddie Murphy fan I thought this was great..I wonder what type of stuff he plays...I wonder if he sings...'cause that would be amazing...can  you imagine? lol

Back to the newspaper comment:  I tend to agree with  Chomsky (http://www.chomsky.info/) .... I usually question the legitimacy of most news , on paper or otherwise...So, in a sense, I completely relate to Eddie Murphy and, truthfully, I almost think not reading the newspaper is a healthy thing...after all, as my Dad used to say:

 "you can't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see" :)

I would love to jam with you Mr. Eddie Murphy
till next time.
Shalom Biatches

No comments:

Post a Comment